NSU’s Office of Suicide & Violence Prevention has published their May 2013 Quarterly Newsletter.
Inside this edition:
- Suicide Prevention in the Capital
- Suicidal Behavior Disorder
- Suicide and Violence Prevention Spotlight – Scott Poland, Ed.D., and Douglass Flemons, Ph.D., Co-Directors of NSU’s Office of Suicide and Violence Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Resources
- Suicide Prevention – Know who to call in times of crisis.
Staffed by Scott Poland, Ed. D., Douglas Flemons, Ph.D., Genevieve LaFleur, Psy. D., and Oren Schwartz, graduate assistant in the Office of Suicide and Violence Prevention, the Suicide and Violence Prevention staff is devoted to creating a safety net at NSU, helping to prevent suicide and violence.
The most effective ways to prevent suicide and violence are to know the warning signs, take them seriously, and help the individual access the appropriate resources.
For more information on the Office of Suicide and Violence Prevention and services offered, visit http://www.nova.edu/suicideprevention or call (954) 262-5852.