SharkFINS is NSU’s electronic student newsletter that is distributed weekly and primarily provides a brief synopsis of campus information, news announcements, and events and activities targeted to all active/current NSU students.
The Student E-Newsletter is sent regularly on every Wednesday during the academic years to all students with active NSU e-mail accounts.
The content of the e-newsletter is subject to the University’s general rules on conduct. The office of Administrative services and marketing at NSU Student Affiairs and the College of Undergraduate Studies reserves the right to review and edit on the contents of all of the material submitted for appropriateness to the audiences. All submissions are subject to prioritization based on time sensitivity and breadth of interest to students.
SharkFINS generally contains information about:
- Current and upcoming university-related events including both university-wide and campus-specific major news and announcements, e.g., highlights of significant student achievement which are subject to the following guidelines
- Information regarding each event, news, or announcement should be no longer than 150 words in length. If elaboration is needed, website addresses should be given. Office of Student Media and Information reserves the right to edit submissions for length.
- The content of the e-newsletter is also subject to the University’s general regulations on conduct.
- Transmission of any particular message is at the discretion of the Director of Administrative Services and Marketing for Student Affairs and the College of Undergraduate Studies and cannot be guaranteed.
The contents to be published on SharkFINS should:
- Specifically target students
- Be related to Nova Southeastern University
- Offer opportunities for student involvement, but not include:
- Regularly scheduled club meetings
- Recruitment for club or organization membership
- Job announcements
- Events that are not open to students
- Non-university events
- Outside advertising
- Subject line
- Event name
- Contact information
- Short description (no longer than 150 words). If it involves a lot of details, website link should be provided.
- Short phrase or statement for excerpt: an action caller or something that will grab attention of your targeted audiences (For example, “Join us now”, “Register now”, “A World Renowned…”, etc.
Graphic: (strongly recommended)
For Slideshow area: 648 pixel width x 285 pixel height at 72 dpi
For Featured area: 326 pixel width x 250 pixel height at 72 dpi.
For In-article image: Image needs to be at least 600 pixel wide.
If you do not know how to resize your photos/graphics, we ask that you send the highest resolution you can find along with the article to us.
Deadline for submission
NOON (12:00 p.m.) on Friday of the week before.
For example, for the SharkFINS edition that publishes Wednesday, January 8, 2020, the deadline to submit an article for publication is Friday, January 3, 2020.
Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscription to the weekly SharkFINS newsletter
SharkFINS is a weekly student e-newsletter that goes to all active/current students for the purpose of keeping the NSU community informed. It is not possible to unsubscribe or remove individual e-mails from the mass e-mail distribution list as it is automatically sent to everyone whose role appears as “Current Student” on record. If you find that the content on this newsletter is not relevant to you, we would like to encourage you to send any suggestions to email@example.com to let us know how we can improve and add content fitted to your interest.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be advised that your student status will remain as “active” for one year after the day you filed for graduation and/or the day your record was updated as “graduated”.
If you have graduated longer than a year ago or you are no longer with NSU, please contact the program office of the college you attended (Law, Business, Fischler, Farquhar, HPD, etc.) to verify and update your status.