What is your family’s story? Have you ever wondered why you are what you are? Learn the stories of your family history by learning the basics of genealogical research. Find out what makes your story a part of the American story.
This six week series serves as an introduction to basic genealogy research. Attendees will learn best practices, how to search sources, and strategies in doing genealogy research. Topics covered include the U.S. Census, vital records, immigration research, military research, and a variety of other resources. We encourage you to sign up for all classes.
- Thursday, June 13: Getting Started – includes how to document your research
- Thursday, June 20: Best Library Resources
- Thursday, June 27: Online Research: United States Census and finding vital records
- Thursday, July 11: Immigration and Naturalization records
- Thursday, July 18: Other sources including military and education records
- Thursday, July 25: DNA Research
This program is part of the American Creed Community Conversations and is designed to engage Americans in reflection and dialogue about their own part in the American story, and in acting to shape that story for the better.
This program is free and open to the public