As the holiday season approaches, many of our neighbors, friends, and family are still reeling from devasting aftermath of Superstorm Sandy and the Nor’easter that followed quickly thereafter.
Join the NSU community in making the holidays brighter for storm victims in the Northeast.
All donated items will be packed and shipped to NSU Manhattan Alumni Chapter to be distributed. The Rockaway Point Fire Department has agreed to accept NSU’s Hurricane Sandy Relief items. The fire house is located at Breezy Point-the area where the fire destroyed over 100 homes. This is a close-knit community that is mostly occupied by employees of NY Fire Dept, Police Dept, and other city employees. The items most in demand are baby items such as diapers, formula, wipes, etc but EVERYTHING is needed and very much appreciated.
Every one at the Rockaway Point Fire Department most appreciative of NSU’s efforts.
Here’s what you can do:
- Donate anytime between 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 15, to 6:00 p.m. on Friday, November 16
- Click here to donate online.
- You may donate in person at any of the following locations. Drop boxes for donations will be available at various locations on NSU’s main campus in Davie, including:
- Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center─entrance
- Carl DeSantis Building─entrance
- Don Taft University Center─both entrances (north and east)
- Horvitz Administration Building─entrance
- Mailman-Hollywood Building─entrance
- Mailman-Segal Center at the Jim & Jan Moran Family Center Village (MSI)─entrance
- Maltz Psychology Building─entrance
- NSU Residence Halls (The Commons Residence Hall; The Cultural Living Center; Founders, Farquhar, and Vettel Residence Halls; Leo Goodwin Residence Hall; and Rolling Hlls Residence Halls)─entrances
- Parker Building─entrance
- Rosenthal Student Center─entrance
- Shepard Broad Law Center─entrance
- Terry Administration Building (HPD)─entrance and complex
- University School, lower and upper─entrances
- Click here to see list of needed items as indicated by New York/New Jersey officials
- Members of the NSU Community wishing to donate money may do so by contacting the Red Cross either by texting REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation or via http://american.redcross.org/novasoutheasteru-pub to make a donation of any amount.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or (954) 262-7195.
click on image to see larger version