In support of NSU’s Vision 2020, mission, and core values, the NSU Libraries have designed these workshops to showcase ways to achieve optimal success with library research, publishing, and copyright.
“Fake News”: Thurs., Sept. 27, 2018 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Shepard Broad College of Law, Faculty Study Room
Data Visualization: Wed., Oct. 24, 2018 | Noon – 1:00 p.m., Alvin Sherman Library, Room 4009
NSU Libraries Showcase: Tues., Nov. 13, 2018 | Noon – 1:00 p.m., Alvin Sherman Library, Room 4009
Power Publishing Day: Thurs., Jan. 24, 2019 | 8:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Alvin Sherman Library, 2nd Floor, Cotilla Gallery
- Do you want to share your scholarly research with the world? Come join us for a day of learning about academic publishing from the publishers and editors themselves and faculty.
- You will not want to miss this opportunity to meet editors and reps from publishing houses Emerald, IEEE, Wiley, Clarivate Analytics, and more.
- Why your manuscript was rejected and how to make it accepted
- Understand journal rankings
- Find out how to publish your scientific research
- Look at options in becoming a peer reviewer
- Don’t be fooled by a predatory publisher
- Learn about course material affordability options
- Get advice from your colleagues who share what they’ve learned in the process
- Network with your colleagues and other academics in our community
- Registration is required and can be done through http://lib.nova.edu/powerpub. You can attend in person, online or request recordings—all done through the link above. Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be served. This event is open to NSU faculty, staff, students, alumni and the public.
Technology ‘Lightning Rounds’: Tues., Feb. 5, 2019 | Noon – 1:00 p.m., HPD Library Collaboration Room
Student of Fortune: Selling Test Answers, Papers and Notes Online, and What You Can Do About It: Wed., March 14, 2019 | Noon – 1:00 p.m. HPD Library Collaboration Room
Grants: Thur., April 4, 2019 | Noon – 1:00 p.m., Alvin Sherman Library, Room 4009
Complimentary lunch included. For more information, lib.nova.edu/gearup or (954) 262-4613.