Want to Lose Weight, Feel Great & Be NSU’s Next “Biggest Loser”? Then Apply Now – Only 18 Spots Available!
In the first six years of NSU’s Biggest Loser challenge, the 70 employees and students who completed the program lost a combined total of 1,730 pounds – an average of 25 pounds per participant!
Inspired by the popular television show, NSU’s Biggest Loser takes 18 participants through a 16-week weight-loss program. Like the show, they are teamed up and participate in group and individual workouts with trainers, have regular meetings with a nutritionist, keep nutrition and exercise journals, and receive motivational coaching.
It takes hard work, a lot of sweat and some serious commitment. But as those who’ve completed the program will tell you, it’s definitely worth it.
NSU’s Biggest Loser Program, valued at more than $5,450, includes:
- Three 90-minute personal training sessions a week, for 48 total – worth more than $2,620!
- Biweekly individual sessions with a Registered Dietician – worth more than $800!
- Biweekly individual sessions with a Healthy Lifestyles Coach – worth more than $800!
- Pre, Mid, & Post-Program Fitness Assessments – worth more than $30!
- Pre, Mid, & Post-Program Physicals with Blood Work – worth more than $600!
- Monthly Fitness & Nutrition Education Seminars – worth more than $600!
Participants must be able to commit to the program 100%, which includes the above and:
- Additional “homework” workouts (on your own)
- Participation in monthly Team Fitness Challenges
- Upkeep of an activity and food journal
Additional Participation Requirements:
- Must be an NSU Employee or Student with a Body Mass Index of ≥ 28
- Be cleared for exercise through a Physical (Provided)
- Willing to release results for publicity purposes
The 16-week program costs $595 in total, which can be broken up into payments. The program begins January 2012 and a maximum of 18 participants will be selected.
Prizes will be awarded to the individual and the team with the highest percentage of weight lost and to individuals with the most improved blood pressure and/or cholesterol, most total inches lost and highest percentage of body fat lost.
The 2012 Biggest Loser application deadline is Oct. 12. Join, take control of your health, and make a lifelong improvement of your physical well-being!