NSU will be engaging in its annual main campus Emergency Response Practice Drill to test several components of our ability to identify, respond to, and notify the NSU community about an emergency on campus.
The Emergency Response Practice Drill will take place on Tuesday, March 31 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the NSU’s University School Sonken Building. Prior to the Practice Drill, we will be testing several components of NSU’s and the surrounding community’s emergency response capabilities beginning at 2 p.m.
This training exercise will not require the closing of any other locations on the main campus. While police and other first responder activity will be seen by pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the immediate University School area, most regular activity will not be impacted by this Practice Drill.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Public Safety at (954) 262-8999.
The capabilities that we will test at 2:00 pm include:
- NSU Mass Notification System including mass e-mail, mobile text, and voice messaging service
- NSU Public Safety Officers’ Response
- Emergency Information Hotline (1-800-256-5065)
- Nova Southeastern University Website – main page banner
- NSU Emergency Website (www.nova.edu/emergency)
- Digital Signage (Main Campus)
- NSU SharkTube displays (All campuses)
- Computer Pop Up Alerts (All campuses)
- Campus Cable TV (Residential Hall Facilities)
- Outdoor Speakers (Main Campus; East Campus; Oceanographic Center, Palm Beach; Ft. Myers)
- Emergency Classroom Intercoms (Select Buildings- Main Campus; NMB Campus & Miami Campus)
- Building voice evacuation – public address fire panel systems
- NSU Public Safety portable bullhorns and vehicle public address systems
- Radio communication interoperability
- Davie Police Response
- Davie Fire Rescue Response.