Highlights from last week’s events included:
- Grand Orientation kicked off the WOW schedule with “The Frenzy: A Black Light Party” that rocked the NSU Arena with over 700 students in attendance.
- NSU’s Residential Life and Housing hosted a Welcome Back BBQ for all new and returning residents.
- The RecPlex welcomed students with a RecFest which included food and prizes.
- SEA Board sponsored a Movie Night with a showing of “42” in the NSU Residence Halls.
- The Student Employment Fair was held to let students know where they could find employment on campus.
- NSU’s Farquhar College of Arts and Science held a Poetry Slam with students sharing their original work.
- NSU’s Pep Rally and Spirit Day was held at the NSU Shark Fountain to kick of the beginning of Soccer and Volleyball seasons.
- The Fraternity and Sorority Welcome Back BBQ was hosted by fraternity and sorority chapters at NSU.
- Sharkapalooza: This year’s Sharkapalooza, hosted by the Student Events and Activities (SEA) Board was bigger and better than ever! More than 1,200 students attended the event, which spanned all three courts of the NSU Arena at the Don Taft University Center. Sharkapalooza featured 135 tables filled with student organizations, NSU departments, novelties, and community vendors. NSU students also got to showcase various performances at the stage show. And to top it all off, students won some great giveaways. The WOW Contest grand prize winner was NSU athlete Danielle Robinson, who won a Getaway for Two, which includes round trip air fare for two anywhere in the continental United States
Don’t miss the upcoming Weeks of Welcome (a.k.a. WOW) events, which continue through September 19. To see the full schedule of WOW events, please visit www.nova.edu/wow.