Here’s what’s happening at the NSU Tampa Bay Regional Campus this month:
Fundraising for NSU UNITED with Puerto Rico: Donate here – https://www.givecampus.com/ujpfv2
- Students, faculty and alumni of the NSU Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs in Tampa and Fort Lauderdale have teamed up with the NSU campus in San Juan to provide much needed healthcare, equipment, medical supplies and rehabilitation services to the community of Toa Baja and beyond. Please help NSU UNITED stand with Puerto Rico in providing care to those effected by Hurricane Maria. Supplies are also needed – please see the flyer.
Saturday, November 3, 2018:
Counseling Student Organization “Moving Up and Mock Mimosas” 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Room 2011
- This event will feature an informational panel for all current students and those interested in counseling programs. For more information and to register, please visit: Counseling Student Organization Event Registration
Thursday, November 8, 2018:
Dine & Learn: Homebuying Tips, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, Room 3044
- Getting ready to purchase a home and have no clue where to start? Well, you’re in luck! Attend this workshop to receive all the tips and tricks to make the home buying process smooth.
- Presented by NSU student Shantanice Vaxter of Keller Williams Realty
- Lunch will be provided by Tampa SGA – e-mail SaTampa@nova.edu to RSVP
Graduation Photos, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Room 2039
- Are you graduating soon? Get your portraits taken here with Werner Kahn Photography – NO SITTING FEES! SEE PROOFS THE SAME DAY! NSU Caps/Gowns and Regalia are provided!
- Suggested Attire:
Females: dressy V-neck or Scoop neck shirt
Males: dress shirt, tie, and jacket
*please bring your honor cords if you wish to include them in your photographs
- RSVPs are not required. E-mail WernerKahnStudio@aol.com with questions.
Friday, November 9, 2018:
Dr. Pallavi Patel College of HealthCare Sciences 25th Anniversary, 1:30 pm in the Atrium
- Come celebrate this monumental occasion with your fellow Sharks! More information coming soon – check your e-mails.
Saturday, November 10, 2018:
- NSU’s very own Cardiovascular Sonography student leaders are participating in the local Heart Walk – be on the lookout for more information about supporting this upcoming opportunity.
Sunday, November 11, 2018:
NSU Day Out: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Game
- Come cheer on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they face the Washington Redskins! For more information and to order your tickets, please visit this website: NSU Day Out: Tampa Bay Buccaneers – hurry, tickets are limited!
Beginning November 12, 2018:
Holiday Gift Drive for the USO of Central Florida
- Want to help brighten the holidays for local children of military families? More information coming soon!
Wednesday November 14, 2018:
SGA Open Meeting, 7:00 pm, Room 2053
- SGA is here to advocate on behalf of students. Do you have ideas to make your experience more enjoyable at NSU Tampa, or do you have general feedback to share? E-mail SGATampa@nova.edu .
Friday, November 16, 2018:
SGA Online Applications Due by 5pm
Sharks-Giving Lunch, 11:30am – 1:00 pm, Atrium
- SGA is so thankful for all of our NSU students and staff here on the Tampa Campus! Let’s show our community how grateful we are to call Tampa home, as well.
- Please bring (5) canned food items or 5 dollars cash and enjoy a Boston Market catered Thanksgiving lunch with all the fixins!
- All donations will benefit Feeding Tampa Bay, where each dollar earned provides 10 full meals for those in need!
- Get ready to ‘gobble till you wobble’ – RSVP Here: Sharks-Giving Lunch Registration
Tuesday, November 27, 2018:
Flight Nurse Presentation, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in the Atrium
- Please come have lunch with us and hear a dynamic presentation from the 45th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron from MacDill AFB! The Airmen of the 45 AES bring with them the capability to operate on multiple aircraft, providing inflight medical care while manning the aeromedical evacuation operations team that oversees all flights into and out of the Caribbean for this operation. AES crews are trained to handle a full range of military operations, including humanitarian assistance and disaster response. Please e-mail SaTampa@nova.edu to RSVP.