The NSU community is invited to study abroad in Sweden this summer as part of the 10th annual “International Arts & Culture Infusion” course offered by NSU’s Abraham S. Fischler School of Education and its Interdisciplinary Arts Master’s Program.
Undergraduate and graduate students can earn credits while working side-by-side with European-trained artists and arts teachers to create an interdisciplinary arts production during this two-week summer course that runs from July 24 to Aug. 7, 2012.
The course runs parallel to Lovewell Institute’s Cultural Exchange Workshop for Swedish and American teenagers being offered in the same location. Participants need not be enrolled in the Interdisciplinary Arts Program, or be a degree-seeking student to take this course.
- Follow the development of the creative process through the opening night of an original bi-lingual interdisciplinary musical theatre production
- Explore Swedish, Scandinavian, and European arts and culture
- Interact with Swedish and American artists, students, and Lovewell staff
- Observe arts education and participate in hands-on creative exercises
- Receive optional course credit from Nova Southeastern University