Beginning January 2018, NSU will offer a variety of writing support initiatives to students through a centralized NSU Write from the Start Writing and Communication Center as its Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). A QEP is an essential component of regional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). It shows the university’s commitment to enhancing student learning.
Specifically, the NSU Write from the Start Writing and Communication Center will
- offer general writing assistance to all NSU students,
- facilitate an expanded undergraduate writing fellows program,
- provide graduate student writing workshops and events,
- offer faculty support for teaching discipline-specific writing, and
- develop online writing resources.
A committee of SACSCOC onsite reviewers will be visiting NSU’s Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus April 4-7, 2017. On April 3-4, committee members will be visiting NSU’s regional campuses.
For more information about NSU’s QEP Write from the Start, visit nova.edu/qep.