We are pleased to announce that the RecPlex resumed operations on Monday, August 3, 2020. We start with a modest schedule and then extend hours as the weeks go by as we make your health and safety our top priority.
Please note the following as we return:
- Broward County emergency orders allow 50% fitness center occupancy at the time of this message. Please understand that you may be asked to wait to enter the facility if occupancy is at a maximum when you arrive.
- Broward County emergency orders require temperature checks of all patrons prior to entry. Your temperature must be 100.1 degrees or lower at the time of entry to be permitted inside of the RecPlex.
- Patrons are expected to familiarize themselves with information on all posted signage throughout the RecPlex. Patrons are expected to comply with any and all reasonable requests of RecPlex staff members.
- Face Coverings must be worn at all times while in the RecPlex, even while exercising!
- Physical distancing must be adhered to while in the RecPlex. Please maintain a minimum of six feet apart from other patrons throughout the facility and follow all visual cues in this regard.
- The RecPlex has been set-up to encourage “one-way traffic” and “one-way entrance and exit” wherever reasonably possible. We kindly ask that all RecPlex users comply with these traffic indicators.
- Restroom and locker room occupancies are limited. Note signage at each particular area. Use of lockers are “day-use only”. Overnight storage of items is not permitted.
- Use of the showers and saunas is NOT permitted.
- Water fountains will be turned OFF with the exception of any motion sensor refillable water stations.
- All RecPlex cardiovascular and strength training equipment has been repositioned to increase the physical distance between each machine to maximize physical distancing of patrons.
- Patrons are asked to please utilize any and all on-site cleaning supplies and kindly wipe down their equipment after use.
- All equipment should be used by one person at a time only; “working-in” is strongly discouraged.
- Some equipment may be designated as “not-in-service”. Please respect and comply with these indicators.
- Equipment check-out for most items will be suspended. Basketballs, weight belts, resistance bands, jump ropes, towels and any type of matt will not be available. When in doubt, bring what you may need!
- Pick-up basketball games are not permitted. You may conduct individual “shoot-around’s” with no more than three (3) players at the same basket. One to two indoor baskets and two outdoor baskets will be available!
- Tennis and racquetball courts will be available with a maximum of two persons playing at one time.
- Any payment needed to be made for service or product will be done so via credit card only; NO CASH.
- The RecPlex leisure pool will reopen on August 15th. All lounge furniture will be removed. Sunbathing is permitted however patrons will need to be aware of the lack of furniture.
Group Exercise classes will remain virtual and continue to be delivered via Zoom. We are evaluating live classes for consideration beginning on August 17th. Further information and direction will be forthcoming.
UPCOMING RECPLEX HOURS OF OPERATION WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Monday – Friday; 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. AND 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday; 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon
- Sunday; 12 noon to 4:00 p.m.
During times of closure, the RecPlex will be completing additional cleaning and disinfecting of all equipment!
Please visit our website at www.rec.nova.edu for the most up-to-date RecPlex hours at they will be updated/revised weekly.
As we look to reopen the RecPlex, your support is paramount to a successful endeavor. As the current state of affairs in our state and county are ever-changing, modifications to the above may take place at any time without notice to ensure the health and safety of all users.