Saturday, October 6, 2018
7:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium in Abacoa, Jupiter
- This is SO much more than a race! This is an awesome event to honor and celebrate the cancer journeys of brave young cancer warriors. This beautiful certified 5k course through downtown Abacoa ends at home plate in Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium! The course is flat and fast, and lined with superheroes (bring your camera!).
- here’s a prize for Best Team Name, Best Fundraiser, Best Fundraising Team, Best Superhero Costume (Adult), Best Superhero Costume (10-18), Best Superhero Costume (10 & under), and Best Dog Costume.
- During the 5k course, athletes will earn beads along the way that honor a child’s cancer journey:
- Blue Beads for HOPE
- Red Beads for STRENGTH
- Green Beads for RESILIENCE and TENACITY
- GOLD Beads for BRAVERY at the Finish Line. Gold is the color of childhood cancer and Sept is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! Show your colors!
- Participants of the untimed 1 mile Fun Run (or Walk) will also get GOLD Beads at the Finish!
- This family-friendly event also has an amazing Kidz Fun Zone for the young and young at heart. Kids between ages 4 and 10 can run the 100 yard Young Hero Dash, while kids under 4 can participate in the 10 yard DiaperDash. Those will take place on the warning track inside Roger Dean Stadium. A select number of kids will be chosen randomly to run the bases at Roger Dean Stadium.
- We invite you to visit our Honor Wall where you can leave a message of inspiration on the Survivor Celebration Wall or the Loving Memory Wall. COURAGE CAM Returns! Make your sign and then go on video with your story! Inspire us.
6:30 a.m. – Registration opens: Breezeway at Roger Dean Stadium
6:30 a.m. – Honor/Memory Tent is open for your messages of hope and inspiration (at amphitheater)
7:10 a.m. – “Why we walk/ Why we fight” Moment of inspiration, announce Coolest Team Name, Best Team Fundraiser, Best Individual Fundraiser
7:30 a.m. – 5k start for both runners (up front) and walkers – at University and Crescent (between Roger Dean and amphitheater)
7:45 a.m. – 1 mile (untimed) start – same start line as 5k
8:30 a.m. – Kids Fun Zone opens in breezeway at Roger Dean Stadium and is open until 11:00 a.m.
8:30 a.m. – Start 10 yard Diaper Dash (kids 3 and under) on the warning track inside Roger Dean Stadium
8:50 a.m. – 100 yard Young Hero Dash (kids between 4 & 10) on the warning track inside the stadium
9:00 a.m. – 5k and 1 miles Courses close
9:10 a.m. – Announce Best SuperHero costumes & Best Dog Costume
9:15 a.m. – Base running for invited kids (raffle at the event)
9:30 a.m. – Awards for 1st/2nd/3rd Males and Females
Honor/Memory Tent is open until 11:00 a.m.
Kidz Fun Zone is open until 11:00 a.m.
If you want to Volunteer instead of being a walker/runner there are also opportunities to do so as well!