The NSU Miami Campus administration and office of facilities have continued to prepare along with department leaders to enable our start of classes. Below is a summary of answers to some of the local questions and updates that may be beneficial to you and your team:
Miami Campus Hours:
- Hours of Operation (building hours) – 7 days a week, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Following curfew hours mandated by the local authorities (Miami-Dade County). We will continue to monitor curfew hours mandate and will adjust the building schedules if changes occur.
- Administrative Office Hours and Mailroom Services: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with limited staffing.
- Financial Aid – teleworking: students will receive services via telephone/email.
- All have had their capacities adjusted to support social distancing. Signage have been placed throughout the facility regarding face coverings, health, and safety.
- The student lounge is scheduled to reopen. Students must respect arrangements – furniture is set to support social distancing.
- Based on arrangement adjustments, the capacity is 10 people at a time. Given limited capacity, students are encouraged to make alternate plans for their breaks.
- Students will have the ability to reserve study rooms and must book via NSU Spaces. Reservation access will begin on August 17th.
- As a result of social distancing measures, we have less study room availability. Many rooms are in use to accommodate NSU classes. Students will need to plan according to study room availability under NSU Spaces.
- Walk-in study rooms – students must adhere to social distancing.
- Each student is required to check in with security and show study room booking confirmation; security will open the door once confirmation is verified.
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Students must respect/adhere to arrangements, signs, and capacity.
- Showers will remain closed.
Food services/ Market C:
- Arrangements were made to restock the kiosk.
- Microwaves, refrigerators are available in designated areas for use keeping in mind social distancing guidelines.
Shared Common spaces:
- Open lounges – one person per table or couch.
- Kitchen, restrooms, printer/copier/mailroom areas, hallways – follow social distancing.
Please continue to review the official COVID-19 website for more information on the
RETURN OF THE SHARKS: https://www.nova.edu/coronavirus.