United Way of Broward County is partnering with NSU, Memorial Healthcare Systems, Broward County Medical Association and Broward Health to present a health educational panel about the coronavirus on March 18.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus (COVID-19) that was first detected in Wuhan, Hubei, China, and which continues to expand, including in the U.S. and now Florida.
- A panel of local experts from Nova Southeastern University (NSU), Memorial Regional Hospital, and the Broward County Medical Association, will talk about symptoms, the spread of the virus, testing, cases in the U.S. and what our community can do to help prevent the transmission of this virus.
- All healthcare professionals and students are encouraged to attend.
- CEUs are available – Certificates will be distributed to attendees for submission to their respective accrediting bodies.
- Bindu Mayi, MSc., PhD, Professor of Microbiology, Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University
- Corey Fredericks, PharmD, BCPS, Infections Disease Clinical Coordinator, Memorial Regional Hospital
- Nancimae Miller, PhD, D(ABMM),Technical Director, Microbiology & molecular Infectious Disease, Memorial Regional Hospital
- Gina Foster-Moumoutijis, M.D., MS Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University
- Shanaz Fattheh, M.D., 2020 President, Broward County Medical Association, Asthma Allergy Care Center of Florida
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
This event has now been moved to a webinar.
Please visit https://www.unitedwaybroward.org/events/novel-coronavirus-update to register for the webinar.
For more information, please contact Elkin Alfred at (954) 453-3747 or ealfred@UnitedWayBroward.org.
About United Way of Broward County
United Way of Broward County is a volunteer driven, community-based, non-profit organization servicing Broward County for 80 years. United Way of Broward County fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. United Way of Broward County is the catalyst for change and convener of partnerships that unite the hearts, minds, and resources within the Broward community. For more information, please visit www.UnitedWayBroward.org.
Kip Hunter Marketing – 954-765-1329
Aimee Adler | Aimee@kiphuntermarketing.com | 561-302-6902
Allie DeSeno | Allie@Kiphuntermarketing.com | 954-254-6056
Nova Southeastern University
Tasha Yohan | firstname.lastname@example.org | 954-262-2172