In collaboration with the Shepard Broad College of Law, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship, Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography, and the College of Engineering and Computing, the Sharon and Mitchell W. Berger Entrepreneur Law Clinic will offer the first annual Entrepreneurial Boot Camp, August 9-12, 2018 .
The program is designed to immerse entrepreneurs in the skills and disciplines needed to successfully launch a start-up business, with particular focus on those companies built on research, design, or innovation
The program will include both an online component and a three-day workshop open to all NSU students, faculty, staff, and to the general public. Topics will explore many of the essential steps for developing new products and companies, such as:
- Ideation and Research
- Business Planning
- Financial Planning and Market Analysis
- Patents and Patentability
- Non-patent based Intellectual Property
- Differentiated Products, Commodities, and Research Re-Assessment (e.g. Publish or Product)
- Business Legal Structures, Ownership Models, and Tax Implications
- Design, Fabrication, Production, and Delivery
- Business Funding and Finance: Angels, VCs, and Lenders
- Risk and Process Management
If you are interested in attending, please pre-register for this free intensive training that will be held on the NSU Fort Lauderdale-Davie campus.