(Click on event names below to view photo galleries)
This year’s Week of Welcome was a a great success! With a variety of events to span the entire first week, the Office of Student Activities and its collaborators welcomed Sharks back to a new academic year.
Highlights from the week include:
- The Third Annual Welcome Back Party: The Student Events and Activities Board (SEA Board) hosted the Welcome Back Party on the RecPlex Basketball Courts for all incoming and returning students. Students were welcomed by an assortment of glowing accessories, and enjoyed the live DJ until 2 a.m..
- Resident Student Association Speed Friending gave residential students the opportunity to make some new friends on campus before the first day of classes.
- The NSU Recreation and Wellness hosted the annual RecFest, showcasing major health and wellness initiatives on campus, and allowing clubs and organizations to promote their own plans to promote health on campus.
- Cinema Tuesday was hosted on the Soccer Field, where SEA Board screened Pitch Perfect 2 for all students. The stands were filled as students sang along with the a cappella sensation.
- Career Development’s Student Employment Fair brought out multiple employers from the area to recruit students for employment opportunities on and off of NSU’s campus.
- Students gathered for a night full of fun musical covers at the Flight Deck Music Night where NSU’s very own student Carolena Albert performed for the opening hour of the event, singing covers of popular songs, followed by the live cover band, Havoc 305.
- Chartwells created a Shark-friendly environment in the Don Taft University Center Food Court during the Sharks Around the World Food Fest. Students were able to purchase an all-you-can-eat wristband at any counter in the Food Court.
- All of the Greek organizations on campus came together for a Greek BBQ to enjoy some fun and food with the NSU community.
- The annual Sharkapalooza was hosted in the Don Taft University Center Arena and featured community vendors and partners, as well as NSU clubs and organizations. This year’s event attracted more than 1,200 students to the event, and allowed them to enjoy free food, performances, and giveaways.
- The week concluded with the Shark Day of Service, enabling students to engage in their community.