To help NSU’s students, faculty and staff learn more about the health, political, legal and social issues related to Florida’s proposed Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative, NSU’s College of Pharmacy will host “Florida’s Future — The Medical Marijuana Debate” on Friday, October 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Resnick Auditorium in the Terry Administration Building. The state’s Initiative, otherwise known as Constitutional Amendment 2, will be up for votes on November 8.
Scott Kjelson, Pharm.D., C.Ph., the director of student transitions and an assistant professor at the College of Pharmacy, will host the event, and Andrew Abramson, editorial writer and columnist for the Sun Sentinel, will moderate.
Pro Amendment 2
- Ben Pollara, campaign manager, United for Care, Amendment 2
- Joseph Geller, Florida House of Representatives and partner, Greenspoon Marder, PA
Against Amendment 2
- Barney Bishop III, CEO, Florida Smart Justice Alliance
- Dennis K. Baxley, Florida House of Representatives
- Jeffrey Block, M.D., board-certified anesthesiologist, world-class horticulturist and naturalist
- Jose Valdes, Pharm.D., BCPP, assistant professor, NSU College of Pharmacy
- Robert C. Speth, M.A., Ph.D., professor, NSU College of Pharmacy
You may view debate via live streaming HERE.
Space is limited. Visit Eventbrite to RSVP.