The Nova Southeastern University Regional Pan Student Government Association is made up of all the 7 regional constituent SGA’s established at NSU. In order to serve the varied student constituents, PanSGA has established a Professional Development Grant Program. It is important that applicants read the following information carefully and thoroughly. Failure to do so may result in application errors that could cause the application to not be reviewed and/or considered.
This Grant program will award a successful applicant up to and no more than $1000 for use directed toward an academic professional development opportunity. Such opportunities can include the following:
- Supporting attendance to an external, non-NSU professional or academic association conference attendance related directly to your field of study
- Webinar or site-based short duration workshop attendance sponsored by a regional or national professional or academic association
- Regional or national leadership meetings and conferences for those NSU organizations that are officially recognized by the university and/or as a chapter of a national parent organization.
Requests not considered include the following:
- Required Residential Institutes
- NSU Program Capstone experiences
- FSE Summer Institute
- Other NSU-based requirements
- Mission/Service Trips
- Conferences and activities that have already occurred 60 days prior to the applicable semester deadline for the request
- Opportunities not considered germane to program or organization’s purpose
- Costs associated with conducting research whether as a degree requirement or other purpose
In order to be considered for a PanSGA Professional Development Grant, students and/or student members must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled, and a full time NSU student (as determined by program)
- Be enrolled at the time of the conference or workshop (or registered for the upcoming Fall Term if the event takes place during May – August)
- Have a current Undergraduate or Graduate Student status
- Be in good academic standing as determined by the program of study (not on any official Academic Status or Probation)
- Be enrolled at NSU for at least one semester prior to the Professional Development Grant opportunity is completed
- Good conduct standing with the university
If you feel you meet the criteria stated above, then you are encouraged to complete the application below.
Please be advised that there is only a limited amount of grant funds available thus not every proposal will be fully funded or even funded.
You can submit your application here.