Worried about the financial cost? Don’t! NSU’s Wellness Initiative has taken a shark bite out of the price! NSU’s Slimming With Sharks Program, formerly known as NSU’s Biggest Loser Program, wants YOU to get fit, feel great and have fun!
The 16-week program costs $595 in total, but 10 scholarships of $200 will be given out bringing the cost down to $395 – or less than $4 a day for the program duration!
In the first seven years of NSU’s Biggest Loser challenge, more than 80 employees and students who completed the program lost a combined total of 1,968 pounds – an average of 25 pounds per participant!
Participants workout in groups with trainers, have regular meetings with a nutritionist, and receive motivational coaching. It takes hard work and some serious commitment. But as those who’ve completed the program will tell you, it’s definitely worth it.
NSU’s Biggest Loser Program, valued at more than $5,450, includes:
- Three 90-minute personal training sessions a week, for 48 total – worth more than $2,620!
- Biweekly individual sessions with a Registered Dietician – worth more than $800!
- Biweekly individual sessions with a Healthy Lifestyles Coach – worth more than $800!
- Pre, Mid, & Post-Program Fitness Assessments, Physicals & Blood Work – worth more than $630!
- Monthly Fitness & Nutrition Education Seminars – worth more than $600!
Participants must be able to commit to the program 100%, which includes the above and:
- Additional “homework” workouts (on your own)
- Participation in monthly Team Fitness Challenges
- Upkeep of an activity and food journal
Additional Participation Requirements:
- Must be an NSU Employee or Student with a Body Mass Index of ≥ 28
- Be cleared for exercise through a Physical (provided)
- Willing to release results for publicity purposes
The program begins in January 2013, and the 2013 Biggest Loser application deadline is Oct. 22. Join, take control of your health, and make a lifelong improvement of your physical well-being!
For more information, contact Bryan Budreau at email@example.com or 954-262-7021 or visit www.rec.nova.edu/slimmingwithsharks/programinfo.html